Deciduous, suckering shrub bearing a profusion of bell-shaped flowers, pale to deep pink with a yellow throat, in late spring and early summer. Dark-green foliage adds appeal when not in bloom.
CareGrow in fertile, well-drained soil. Tolerates some shade.
PropagationTake greenwood cuttings in late spring or early summer, or remove suckers in spring.
- Genus : Kolkwitzia
- Plant Width : 10 to 15 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Pink, Yellow
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest