Green and cream never looked so good. This versatile color combo makes ‘Alligator Tears’ a go-to for foliage in container gardens.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsGreen leaves with a creamy center, on longer and serrated leaves.
PropagationColeus are easy to grow from cuttings. Wait to put plants outdoors until spring nights remain above 50°F.
ProblemsGenerally trouble-free, but watch for aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites on overwintered plants indoors.
- Genus : Solenostemon
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Uses : Containers
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest