Protect your garden from Hurricane Irenecomments (1) August 26th, 2011 in blogs
While you are preparing for the storm this weekend, be sure not to forget about your beloved plants and garden:
1. Containers that are not too heavy should be moved closer to your home or indoors. If they are too heavy to move, it is best to cluster them together for added protection.
2. Hanging baskets should also be moved to a safer location where they will not be blown away by the high winds and heavy rains.
3. If your garden has stakes they should either be removed, or pushed deeper into the ground so they will not become a hazard.
4. Any garden ornaments -- birdhouses, garbage cans and umbrellas -- are likely to be blown away if the winds reach high velocity, so you may want to shelter them as well.
5. Lastly, your garden tools should be brought inside...unless you want your neighbor down the street to inherit your brand-new trowel.
Good luck this weekend and stay safe.
For more on what you can do to prepare:
See More Products