This is a woody plant with dense clumps of silver-gray leaves. It makes a great border accent.
Care'Powis Castle' grows best in dry to medium moisture, very well-drained soil in full sun. Flowers are not spectacular and are best cut off to keep the foliage at its best.
PropagationSow seed in containers in spring or autumn. Root greenwood cuttings of side shoots in summer.
ProblemsWhite rust, downy mildew, powdery mildew, and a variety of leaf and stem fungal diseases are common.
- Genus : Artemisia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow